Today, teens have more information about sex at their fingertips than ever before.
Some Facts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (or the “CDC”):
Sexual Risk Behavior: HIV, STD, & Teen Pregnancy Prevention (click here for full article)
Many young people engage in sexual risk behaviors that can result in unintended health outcomes. For example, among U.S. high school students surveyed in 20131
- 47% had ever had sexual intercourse.
- 34% had had sexual intercourse during the previous 3 months, and, of these
- 41% did not use a condom the last time they had sex.
- 15% had had sex with four or more people during their life.
- Only 22% of sexually experienced students have ever been tested for HIV.*
Sexual risk behaviors place adolescents at risk for HIV infection, other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and unintended pregnancy…Click here to read the rest
So, to all you teens reading this, please comment. What piece of advice would you pass on to your younger self (or think about your kid brother or sister) about sex?